Sunday, August 12, 2012

Shabby Chic Decorative Box



Here’s a look at a large round chipboard box with lid that measures 7 inches tall and 5 inches across that I purchased from Craft Warehouse and decorated in a Shabby Chic style. I used papers from the collection, “London Market, Rare Finds & Curiosities”. The sheet I use the cover the box is Notting Hill from the collection. I first painted all the edges of the box with flat white paint and then to give it an aged look using a fluid chalk ink from Color Box called Chestnut Roan. I took some white roses that I got from Wild Orchid Crafts and sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in a combination of different colors. I added pearl strands and flowers from my ArtFire store. I then glued on some old antique lace to the bottom and top edges along with a bow on the top. To help open it I've added a black pull knob on the lid and a small key along with a few butterflies for fun. I plan to sale this at the Christmas Bazaar I’m doing this year 2012.
Hugs and many Smiles,
Laurie

1 comment:

Screen Doors Bellevue said...

Great readingg your blog post