Saturday, June 2, 2012

Vintage Shabby Chic Birdcage





Hi My Friends,
Here’s a look at a vintage birdcage I recently decorated. I had bought a dozen wooden roses which I had never tried to use before. I needed their color to be a bit more muted for a shabby chic look so I painted them with white Crafters Acrylic paint. I added lace, ribbon, crystal sprays and leaves to complete the look. Inside the cage I made a nest out of Spanish moss spray painted with a white wash of acrylic paint and water. Added picks of crystals and small beads, along with a ceramic bird I hot glue to the peach. This nest sits on a bed of tulle ribbon. 
If you would like to see how this was all put together then visit my YouTube channel MooreArtFromTheHeart. You'll find a link to the right of this page.

No comments: