Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shabby Chic Vase and Picture Frame




I found these two cute little glass vases at a second store and thought how fun they would be to decorate. Check out my YouTube video on what I used and how I put them together,  just click on the link at the right or go to YouTube and type in MooreArtFromTheHeart.  The flowers I’m using are sold in my ArtFire store which has a link to the left on this page.
I started with the making the flower sprays. Taking apart the flower pics to use what pieces I needed, I then used floral tape to wrap them together. To fill the glass vase, I snipped the rose bud heads off three sprays for a total of 36 rose buds. You could use more or less depending on the size of your container. I wanted to add a little things sweet to the rose buds so I place a string of pearl inside too. Adding layers of ribbon and lace to the flower sprays gave them a soft elegant touch.
For the picture frame I used a chip board 3D frame that I bought at a craft store. I glued in the center a piece in paper from the collection Vintage Shabby from Tim Holtz and added lace inside around the edges. I took a piece of textured wall paper I had left over from a remodel to cover the back. Yes, I said wall paper. You can use different kinds of papers in your project as long as they don’t come in contact  with you photos. The front of the frame was textured using wall spackle. The front and back were then painted with Crafters Acrylic paint. I used Perfect Pearls to give the raised areas of the wall paper and the textured front of the frame a soft sheen. Fiber string, lace, ribbon, and flowers were then added to help it coordinate with the vase. 

No comments: