Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Prima Altered Metal Frame Birdhouse

Here's a look at an altered Prima Birdhouse I did for a custom order. The person this is going to, loves gardening and the birds that visit her garden. The banner reads "Home Tweet Home"
Starting with a Prima altered metal frame Birdhouse, I used some watered down white paint and went over the entire birdhouse. I love the look of the birdhouse the way it comes but for this order I needed it to be more in a white to blue tones.
 Using some of the items I carry in my Artfire store I took the Cottage window from The Dusty Attic chipboard collection and painted it in the colors to match.  
  I took the green metal bench, add white gesso and then a light touch of brown paint. I had this tiny clay flower pot that was just the right size, added a dab of paint and flowers to it. 
Flowers from The Dusty Attic in Blue Bonnet were just right to add to the lattice at the back and among the vine of printed flowers from Prima that was attached to the front edge of the frame. 
I have a video on my YouTube channel that shows the Birdhouse from all sides. Come take a peek. https://www.youtube.com/user/MooreArtFromTheHeart
These items are carried in my Artfire store

Thanks for visiting my blog,
Have a great crafty day,
Laurie Moore

  


4 comments:

Carol Salisbury said...

Oh my goodness Laurie! I'm going to have to crafty shop soon now!
Love the colors...the way you painted that lattice...the floral spray...the bench...banner....
Beyond Gorgeous!
Hugs!

Moore Art From The Heart said...

You are so sweet Carol. Big Hugs, Happy Crafting. Laurie

Pamellia said...

Wow Laurie, this is just gorgeous! The colour palette is amazing with the soft blues and greys! What an amazing attention to detail you have, I am in awe of this most stunning project! Love every bit of it! hugs :)

Laurie Moore said...

Thank you Pamellia for peeking in and leaving you lovely comment. I'm looking forward to seeing all the fun things you create too! Hugs, Laurie