Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Prima Birdhouse Frame - Gift for Kimberly

I am having so much fun making up these Prima metal birdhouse frames. This is my third one so far. This frame is easy to transform into a great decoration piece for your home. Add family photos or just match the home decor like I did here. This is a gift for my sweet daughter Kimberly who's kitchen has a beautiful country theme to it with roosters, sunflowers, and antiques.
   I started with a Metal Birdhouse Frame by Prima and left the outside as it came with it's worn weathered look.
For that old barn feel, I used a sheet of paper with a wood grain pattern on it at the back. 
Next I took a few metal rusty stars and add black alcohol ink to them.
 Then added chicken wire, sunflowers, stars, wooden fence, grass, and this tiny little rooster.  
 I picked up a mini water-can that had the perfect green patina on it. Now every good country scene needs a sign. So I used a dowel and a little pieces of wood that I then sprayed with TH's Distress spray stain in walnut. With a felt pen I wrote the words "The Country Life". I then looked around for something to hold up the sign. I found a tiny pail to place it in which added that last touch to the country look I was going for.  

 Come check out my Youtube channel for a video of this project.
Thank you for peeking in on me, xxx Laurie

Birdhouse can be found in my Artfire store. Here's the link... www.artfire.com/ext/shop/home/MooreArtFromTheHeart


3 comments:

Pamellia said...

What a fabulous project Laurie! Love the sunflowers on the roof! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Darling, Darling Darling, Laurie!! I love birdhouses and I love Sunflowers!! Your daughter is going to love this!! Her new place is going to look awesome with all of the goodies you're making (and will make) for her :) XOXO-Shari

Moore Art From The Heart said...

Aw thank you Pamellia and Shari for stopping by and leaving such nice comments. I really appreciate it. xxx Laurie