Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Baby Blessings!

Today I want to share with you a gift I made for my wonderful friend Becky who is having a baby girl soon. Her hubby and she have chosen a beautiful name for this sweet new life, Avaya.

I started with a 10 in x 8 in canvas, added spray stains and splatters for a soft back ground. With lace, flowers, flat back pearls, shimmer tiny hearts and a fine sprinkle of pink Art Sugars from Prima all over, the canvas started coming alive. Now look inside the arrangement of flowers and you will see a tiny little angle peeking out.
 I added a small Prima resin frame I pop dotted up so Becky could add Avaya's pictures in it and of course her name adorns the canvas.
I found a frame that the canvas fit in but the oak finish just wasn't the look I was going for so I painted and crackle it to match the tiny frame inside.




I wish Becky and her family joy with their new arrival. Babies are such sweet blessings and Avaya will be a wonderful and much loved addition to their family.

Love and hugs,
Laurie Moore

4 comments:

iam2thru said...

Oh my goodness. Thus absolutely beautiful.

iam2thru said...

Oh my goodness. Thus absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

it came out amazing! what a great gift. love it

Michelle Wells INSPIRE said...

Such a very lovely gift! Absolutely Beautiful!