Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Manly card

Making cards for men for some reason seems to always challenge me. I want to add flowers and pretty things to my work and those are not always the items you should add to a "Manly" project. So when I saw Emma Williams latest creation ... Take The Scenic Route , it sparked my desire to go back to a style that I enjoy the most, "vintage rusty goodness" as I call it. I didn't have the same products that Emma use to create her background technique, so my canvas looks a bit different from hers but I like way it came out. Also my card base was a lot smaller then Emma's to start with which was a challenge as well. I needed a card the would fit the envelope I had (5"x7") and could be mailed off, so no extra layers of materials or popping items up.  
 To start on the canvas background, I took white paint, blue paint and water to create some what the same look as Emma's. Added the Distress Spray Stains splatters and a touch of black Gesso. Sorry for the lighting of this photo, totally forgot to turn on my flash. 

 I really liked the way she layered this canvas on to the card with different colors of card stock and adding string. Here's how mine looks. I added a couple of Distress Powders, vintage photo and broken china with embossing ink and heat set it to get the idea of rusty edges. 



Thank you Emma Williams for you inspiration 
and Thank you my friends for stopping by.

Hugs,
Laurie Moore

No comments: