Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring Iris

I have this tin planter I needed to make a Spring arrangement in. I have an idea that I want to add a nest with eggs but what kind of flowers? I couldn't find flowers to go with the look of the flowers on the front of the tin planter, so I decided to make my own. I looked through pictures of real flowers and found a yellow Iris. I draw out a pattern on paper and then run it through my Scan-N-Cut so I could save and cut more when needed. Pulled out my new Distress Crayons that I had not tried out yet. Love the way they work like watercolors.

Using a stylist I worked the petals into shape and added leaves. I love creating realistic things from paper.



Here's the finished arrangement. Thanks for peeking in.



 The more I looked at it I thought it really needed 3 flowers so here it is now truly finished.

Happy Spring,
Laurie Moore

There's a great challenge go on over at "Simon Say Stamps Monday Challenge" check it out! http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
The designers there have made beautiful handmade flowers!

2 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous creation! Love the beautiful flower embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Learn Digital Marketing said...

Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.